Scrolling

My home: kitchen blackboard wall

I'd been thinking about painting one of our kitchen walls with blackboard paint for a while. Hardly a new thing I know, but still these things take time in my home. And after lots of encouragement in the comments section from you guys we finally got around to it. As promised, here are a few pics of our new wall....and me enjoying a very rare minutes peace (planning my next project? mwah ha ha haa, don't tell man)! 









All pictures: My Scandinavian Home Blog
In case you're wondering where anything's from here's a bit of an 'I spy': Blackboard paint by Flugger. Second hand industrial lamp; I think it's Louis Poulsen but I need to get this checked. The pretty pink flower is a 'Gloriosa' and the green plant is a Fig. The footstool is BEKVĂ„M by IKEA which I've painted in mint green. Oh and my beloved sheep skin rug is from a farm in the North of Sweden.

Just one little thing worth noting - while we were painting we realised it was best to leave a border at the top of the wall and also on one of the edges leading out into the rest of the room - definitely worth thinking about if you're considering painting one of your walls in a strong colour.

Oh and I am wearing a veeeeery cosy new knit from TopShop which I can warmly recommend for blustery Autumn days like today!

Eeeek, hope you like the result, always nerve racking posting my own pics (plus it could take quite a few layers to paint over it again)! Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. LOVE IT ALL!!!! And what a gorgeous lady you are too. Cool sweater, it's freezing here today so I could use one of them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jen - phew! So happy you like it. x PS it's freezing here too - BRRRRRR!

      Delete
  2. Looks fabulous! Well done. from a fairly new reader all the way from New Zealand.

    Amy x

    http://www.miloandmitzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always great to hear from a new reader. Thank you for taking the time to comment. PS love your blog!

      Delete
  3. Soo cool! Love it Niki. Great styling with the cute shoes, flower and the little pall, too! C u tomorrow! Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the wall and you look great! Have a great week! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous! Well done, you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think, the wall is wonderful, but my husband never would agree with something like that :-( Enjoy it for me, ok? Hug, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niki it turned out great!! And great tip about leaving the border around the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like blackboard idea and the lamp. Your house looks amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love love love it! It looks fabulous and I adore the fact that you have painted the wall where the fridge lives! Also loving the little mint green stool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love it. I like the possibility that the whole family will be able to draw on the walls together...maybe add to each others pictures etc. That sounds like fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, everyone does love to draw on it. Except my 1 and a half year old who got a bit confused and drew on all of the other walls too - and came over proudly to show me eeeek!

      Delete
  11. looks fab, well done wish we had a wall we could paint on................
    love the bits and pieces too.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like every detail, the blackboard wall, the metallic details of the island and the red of your pullover. A perfect mix of basic colors.
    Nice day!!!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE IT!! It looks so amazing. You are so beautiful! You should post more pictures of your home, it looks incredible. I love every little detail in these shots. At first glance I thought the flower was drawn on in chalk and I was so amazed at the detail, haha. Really amazing result, I bet you are so happy you took the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It look beautiful! I had one in our old house and loved it. As did all of our visitors. I agree about the border. We didn't leave one and it left the wall looking jagged and unfinished.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE IT!! the pictures are amazing. Maybe I should do the same.My flat in Stockholm def needs some color :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bravo nicki you really chose the right stuff.. And it seems to be there for long! I love it... Go ahead with tour own home's pics, it's enthusiastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great! We've only managed to paint one door with chalkboard paint. Love your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love it niki! i think it goes so well with your furnishings! the perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your own pictures here. More, more :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice innovative things. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice innovative thinking. You have designed your kitchen very well and different. I liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really nice! I would like to know where you got your bar table from. I love its design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was actually already installed when we arrived but we think it could be IKEA? At least, I know they do similar. Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO