Scrolling

My home captured by karin: bedroom

I hope you had a lovely weekend? I loved all your comments here and on Facebook about where you'd transport your house for the weekend! I stayed right here at home this weekend so I thought it'd be apt to show the second part in my mini series: my 'My home captured by Karin'. This is my bedroom. We've only recently moved up stairs to the top floor (from this room) and I am so happy we did. I love the high ceiling, floor to ceiling windows and balcony, it all feels so bright and airy.









Karin Björklund 

So many pieces I'm not sure where to start on the 'I spy' front! Chinese stools: Lovely & Company, Gold bedside table lamp: vintage, Wall light: Hay, knitted throw and linen bedding: H&M Home, Peacock chair: flee market find, Book shelves: DIY by my husband, plant, plant pot and pendant light: IKEA. Picture behind bed side table: Muuto designed by All The Way To Paris.

My bedroom is not really finished, the next step is a lovely new rug to keep us toasty this Autumn / Winter. Any tips?

PS If you're up for a great give-away today, enter here to win a fab Lee Broom Crystal Table Lamp (hurry, you need to enter by midnight tonight!). I don't know why I'm telling you, I'm hoping to win it myself!!

Have a lovely Monday!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Wow color-blocking library! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the gold lamp on the second picture!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sanctuary you've created! I am currently on the hunt for flax linen myself. I am concerned though that h&m home's linen is about a third of the cost of miss Molly, Sheridan or even home republic.. So I must ask.. Is it luxuriously soft? Does it get better with washing it? And is it good quality? The site lists it as 100% linen, but makes no mention of flax. Also, where is your amazing bed spread from? (I am assuming that's not the quilt cover we can see..) thank you for sharing your gorgeous home :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angel, Thank you! Interesting question about the H&M home linen... I haven't really had the linen long enough to say whether it softens up or not...I'll keep you posted. The white bed cover was a present from a friend and the grey knitted one was also from H&M Home. I can also recommend knitted throws from Tjockt - my wonderful Finnish sponsor (you can also buy giant size wooden knitting needles and beautiful wool from them too if you feel like a project ;). (discount code SCHOME). Thank you for taking the time to comment! x

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the very informative reply! And it's funny you mention about the giant needles, as it's something I've looked into myself! I will definitely check out your sponsor site - especially with that generous discount code! I spy your palm aswel.. We love our palm trees in this house! My partner has more than I can count in the fernery hah. Thanks again for yet another beautiful post! x

      Delete
  4. very lovely! all these lamps are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So restful looking! We are experimenting with Flor carpet tiles in our new space right now for area rugs. It is such fun putting the designs together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bedroom, the light looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It´s beautiful! I love he high ceiling and the bedding from H&M looks so comfy :)
    Thanks for sharing.

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this bedroom! I want to fall on the bed ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bedroom. Love the colors, a lot of space and white and that Hay wall light is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and so inspiring!
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow your bedroom is gorgeous! I really love the bed light!
    The other day I saw a peacock chair at a thrift store but I couldn't take it with me on my bike. It still hurts a bit thinking about it. Good to see yours is where it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Niki, I love this fabulous room, I love high ceiling, light, wall light and "bedside table".....and your husband is very clever, the bookcase is very nice, say hello from me :)
    Hugs!
    http://domovvskandinavskomstyle.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Niki, it's beautiful! It's so perfectly you, I'd know that if I saw these photos anywhere. I adore the gray throw blanket and that night table. What a calming, gorgeous bedroom you have! Well done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely... so serene! Love the lighting- both natural and by the bedside. And what a great idea to have a small book library right next to your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really feel awesome to see your amazing work. feeling great.
    Fire Engine Kids Bed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Where are those gorgeous dresses from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are a few different clothes hanging up. the first two are a kimono from my travels and a jacket from Zara, in the bottom pictures the gold sequin skirt is from Topshop and the glittery top is vintage. :)

      Delete
  17. your style of decorating your bed room is just so must beautiful.
    Beds and Mattresses shop

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the retro wire-lamp and.... 'kimono'-robes. I've been wondering: what is a better place for a library? a bedroom or a living room? Afer reading your post I've made my decision: a bedroom is the best place for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just reading about it and seeing the first pictures of your bedroom makes me want to live there already. Haha. A bedroom is a person’s personal space, where he can be himself, and I think space is always important. I loved how you have high ceilings and minimalistic interior décor. I also find the bed to be a nice way to finish the overall look of your bedroom.
    Dante Storey

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is SO pretty! I really like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow! all your home is beautiful ... I'm in love with your bedroom. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, what shade of white paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO