Scrolling

A Swedish west coast retreat, family home and studio

Hello Monday! A storm is brewing here in Southern Sweden, and although I don't want to be out in it, I'm looking forward to the prospect of batoning down the hatches, getting out the blankets and lighting a few candles. This definitely calls for a cosy home exposed to the perils of nature. This Swedish retreat by the sea in Frilesas, Halland (not far from here) was originally designed and built by owner Fred, a carpenter. He was looking for a weekend bolthole and decided to keep it small, open-plan, simple and modern. But when he met his partner Lina, a designer, they decided to extend it to create a family home and a studio from which Lina could work. Now Lina and Fred  live here with their 6 month old son Stig and it's undeniably cosy, warm and welcoming. A perfect haven from a storm raging outside!








Lantliv by  Maria Delice  Karlsson with kind permission.

Could you ride out a storm in here?! 

Read more about it here (in Swedish). Or check out other cosy Swedish retreat's here (romantic log cabin anyone?!) and here.

In the last image I spy a sheepskin rug - which leads me to my latest news - I'm very excited to welcome my new sponsor BLACK SHEEP (WHITE LIGHT) purveyor of eco-friendly icelandic sheepskins and other select natural design products. I have my eye on this one in particular! They also ship worldwide - perfect! Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make this blog possible.

PS Oh and the other piece of exciting news is that my home is featured in the November edition of IKEA Family Live! I'm a big fan of IKEA as you know, so it's an honour to be included!

I hope you had a lovely weekend!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Hi Niki, I don't like the storms, I think the storms are so dangerous and with strong wind....Huuuu.....but.......this house is beautiful, I like interior, images are nice, I love the table on the 4th picture :)
    Hugs!
    http://trendesso.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storms can be a little scary if you're left out in the element (for example I'd hate to be at sea or flying or something)! Lina's work table is so great isn't it? Lovely house :)

      Delete
  2. As long as I'm safe indoors, with the requisite blankets and candles you mentioned, I can weather any storm :) Especially in a cosy cabin like this! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also had strom here in the Netherlands. Beautiful pics, i really like the dark red colour !
    xo Lieke

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have done a lovely job using the colours in this home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog features such amazingly beautiful spaces. I am full of inspiration for my new home in Stockholm. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO