Scrolling

The dark side of decorating

The queen of Swedish interior design Lotta Agaton firmly believes dark coloured walls are the new white in 2014. This home mixes dark grey with dark floors and then brightens the space with a lick of white on the ceiling (love those wood beams and pillars!) and white rugs. I have to say the pictures on the wall really pop against the dark grey walls. I like it. 





Maison-Hand via Lotta Agaton


Could you go the dark side? Or perhaps you're there already?!

I spy the fab Knoll  platner side chairs and Knoll dining table (and they're both on sale too!). I think these are my favourite items of the moment.

If you haven't already, don't forget to enter the St.Valentine's Day give-away here, you've got until midnight tomorrow and you know I'd love you to win.

Have a lovely day. 

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. I'm a big fan of grey walls at the moment (I never thought I would hear myself say that) and have very recently painted my own bedroom grey. It's surprising how cosy the colour can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldnt paint all walls grey. In my former studio I painted one wall grey, which was very nice. All walls grey, especially in living areas is too depressing to me. I love the light and airy feel of the white scandinavion rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should visit on Iceland, and see this beautiful decor! I am still in love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the use of the grey, and contemplating painting one wall in my living room this slate colour, but I love the look of all white!! decisions, decisions!! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how it looks but I couldn't see myself doing the same. The winter in Finland is soooo dark that those dark walls would feel like they're falling on me. An accent wall would be great as pictures and photos would look great on it. Hmm... Maybe I need to try that. :) Thanks again for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dark walls look a bit sad, but if there are also white in the same room - that's perfect. I love nice black and white posters on them and lot's of plants.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i do love dark and moody interiors. i am not sure i could pull it off, i definitely don't have enough natural light where i live now to balance dark colors, but i am a big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loove dark walls, at least for a room or two! xo Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! One of the best designs I have seen lately. I am considering dark walls at home as well, hope that I can pull it off. Thnx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Artistic and elegant interiors in shades of white and gray.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really curios as to where the chair with the sheepskin on it was bought from (first picture) it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO