Scrolling

A calm Swedish home in the heart of Gothenburg

It's another beautiful day here in South Sweden, the windows and doors are open, the birds are singing...and so far I've been indoors. But that would be fine if I was padding around this lovely Gothenburg apartment and sipping coffee on the balcony. I love the soothing neutral palette and there are some great ideas to steal too (see below for a quick guide on where to buy)! Is there anything you love in particular?









Stadshem
What a lovely, calm spot in the heart of a city? Could you live here? Or pad around there today?! 

Items I know and love: sitting room - g-playtype print / Hay cushion / Hay tray table / RANARP floor lamp / rattan chair. Guest bedroom: this antique table is similar / linen bedding. Kitchen: Thonet chair / the golden bell lamp is similar.

I love how they've turned a fairly small boxroom into a welcoming guest bedroom (clothes rails are perfect for weekenders, I'm loving this and this copper one ). My sister came to visit recently and she told me about a friend who prepares a welcome pack when she goes to visit (a hint if ever I heard one - haha!). Here's the list, in case you're interested:

Steph's perfect guest welcome pack:
A set of towels
Dressing gown
Turban hair towel
Mini shampoo, conditioner & shower gel
Slippers
Ear plugs
Wifi password
Chocolates

Is there anything missing?! 

Some of my favourite guest rooms / houses of all time include this dreamy vintage inspired Australian one, an idyllic shed conversion and a Greek island guest house. Could you image?!

Have a lovely day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. The balcony floor, what is it made of? Is it lino with pattern or something else? Like it very much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you should ask as I zoomed in on it earlier as I was curious too. At a glance it looks like mosaic tiles but up close I think it's plastic - very clever and looks great too!

      Delete
    2. Hehe, I was thinking of this floor too.. I don't know technique of making it but looks gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. thank you very much myscandinavianhome
    http://www.intechguvenlik.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the floor of the balcony and now I'm obsessed to find myself a similar one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do find something similar, can you let us all know?! I love it too!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Berlin is a nice place to stay but very difficult to find the apartments there. If you are searching for apartments in Berlin then visit Gateberlin. Here you can get help. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is the carpet and the couch from? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really in love with the living room tables. Does anyone knows where they from?
    Another tip for the tray table on the balcony: On-the-Move Tray Table from Strand & Hvass.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO