Scrolling

My home: Dining pendant lights

Hejsan! I hope you all had a lovely weekend? Here in Sweden it was Pappas's day. And we celebrated by errrr,  Pappa and I spending hours putting up our new Porcelight P14 pendant lamps by Danish designer Erik Magnussen from Malmö Modern. I am so happy with the outcome that I've tried to capture it in pictures for yours truly. There's even a blurry one of my man helping with the wiring! Bless him!






All pictures: My Scandinavian Home

What do you think? (best just to say you like them...hahaha). When the lamps are on they let of a beautiful warm glow like in the picture of me blogging in the early hours here:





Oh and in case you're about to do the same here is my two pence worth:

3 tips on hanging pendant lamps over a dining table:

How high should pendant lights hang over a dining table?
If there's more than one and they're relatively small you can hang them quite low. They should be low enough to avoid glare from the bulbs yet high enough to be able to see the other people around the table. Ours are 57cm above the table.

How far apart should the pendant lights hang?
If you have three pendant lights, divide the table into four equal parts and hang the lamps at equal intervals along this line.

How do I get power to all the lights?
We used CableCup ceiling roses for suspension lamps with a splitter so that we could feed the cable in from one end and then through the next two lamps. They seem to work so far...:)


Hope you all had a great weekend and happy Pappa's day to all your wonderful daddys out there! x

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Looks absolutely beautiful. So cosy and inviting.

    Would love to be able to have sheepskins on our chairs but we have a whippet with a fluff fetish who would just devour them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!
    Totally in love with the sheepskins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sheepskins are always pulled out in the Autumn and make everything a little more cosy....the two white ones are actually from IKEA! :)

      Delete
  3. It looks amazing, so cozy and inviting.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks wonderful Niki - I love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent tips, Nina! The pendants look great and your dining area looks very cosy! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! (both the lamps and the rest of your dining area)
    Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely home you have!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look amazing, I love your home, is beautiful , cozy with great light, you are very lucky : )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this place, it is so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely! But you do need three points with power from your ceiling, doesn't it.
    But the light is very beautifull, soft and bright. Have a nice monday!
    Gr. Martine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surpsingly not Martine, you only need one and then you can use a splitter which is widely available in hardware shops. Nice Monday to you too!

      Delete
  11. I like them, I like them, Fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dining area is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your new lamps Niki. They fit perfect. I also like your sheepskins on our chairs as well as the old chairs. I would love to have sheepskins in our home as well, although our cat would go crazy with them (we actually need to hide it from him).. hoooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Så fint det blev, du har det ju ursnyggt hemma!!

    Kramkram/Susann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, your home is soooooooooooo beautiful!
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your new light fixtures! Your home is fabulous, I could see myself hanging out on the bench seat with a sheepskin for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look great! What a wonderful room...it looks so welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness! I have just stumbled across your blog and I'm in love! I must ask where your fabulous clear hanging chair is from (you have probably written it somewhere but my eyes are bulging out of my head and I'm having mild heart palpitations I'm that excited)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can look for your local retailer of the Finnish designed Eero Aarnio chair here: http://www.eero-aarnio.com/10/Where_to_buy.htm hope you find one, they are so comfy to curl up and read a good book in too!

      Delete
  19. Love it! It looks amazing. The shot of you working on your laptop with the lights all a-glow...stunning. What a husband you have! I'm sure he enjoyed celebrating the day by doing some manual labor, haha, he's a guy after all :) It looks great, Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that is an absolutely perfect dining area. i adore and would love to recreate it. i don't think i have ever seen a bubble chair more perfectly styled. love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Niki they look so perfect- well done Pappa!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your new lights look beautiful! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Niki! What a lovely kitchen you have! I love the picture of you sitting in the kitchen, miss you!
    Kram,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a cozy and warm and inviting nook! Just stumbled upon your blog and I'm glad I did.
    Have a lovely and sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It looks really good. The light itself is just a relaxing addition to the whole essence of the room, it greatly enhances the mood. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I do like the table. Where could I buy it? Thanks and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Vilket vackert hem du/ni har! Fina inspirationsbilder!

    xxx
    E
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  28. They look so beautiful and vibrant! So you need to take care of them. And if one lamp gets in trouble, you can always have lamp repair boston.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have a very nice setting there and very light aura. Your lighting fixture adds life to your place which multiplies the beauty by ten. Thank you for tips. Its a simple math and really makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE the sheepskins over the chair! It's a new obsession I have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. The fur makes the chair comfortably soft and fashionable. So chick!

    Patrick Tan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO