Scrolling

Angles from a former culture centre

There are two key things I'm drawing inspiration from in this lovely 18th century former culture centre in Stockholm. First, the way the books are piled high and used to add colour in the sitting room. And secondly the rustic workman's bench at the end of the bed. Of course the rest of the space is pretty nice too :)





With kind permission from Johan Sellén, featured in Elle Interiör via DecorDots.
I've actually just ordered two workmen's stools from this fab online vintage shop and patiently (read: anxiously awaiting) their arrival, I can't wait! Perhaps the next item on my list will be a workmen's bench for the end of the bed.

Any ideas you're looking to steal?

Have a lovely day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Really liking this apartment! I think it's really nice to have the books in the living room to add color - I'm scouting for a nice low cabinet to have in my living room to display books and pictures that have been in storage since we moved in a year ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We recently stayed in a little B&B that had 2 miniature workman benches in the bathroom and I fell hard for them! I have been trawling antique and vintage stores ever since so of course I stalked the link you posted. I love this house, the white floors and that beautiful sofa really stood out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niki, love this apartment, I know that the apartments are nicely in Stockholm, I love bedroom especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that orange coat hanger thingy...very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vintage shop! Would like to buy a lot from there. Take care Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really like the books on the floor. We used to have stacks of them under a console table in our old apartment because we didn't have enough shelves and then we ended up liking the look of it. Whatever homes you feature on your blog I always love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i adore books stacked on the floor, before i had my twins this was something i did - doesn't work so well now. but i just love the quality it gives to both the books and the space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love me a stack of books! beautiful light!
    january, x
    jessicajanuary.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so great! I love everything about this home! Thanks for the inspiration as always! /Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so nice, I love it! Have a lovely weekend. /Elina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    I really like the books on the floor.I love everything about this home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO